weird light thing in my monitor

Kenjofficial

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
I notice that there is a light pixel in my monitor. I would like to know whats the fix for this and why my laptop have it. I attached a pic for references.
19453231_1519211394784713_5638965233286786964_o.jpg

Solution
This is usually caused by pressure being applied to the screen, either a poke, or something being between the screen and the keyboard when the lid gets closed. Unless you fancy taking the monitor apart, there is little you can do about it unfortunately.
If you are up for dismantling it, you can buy a small glass sucker and once you know where the patch is, and have the panel out of the laptop, attach the sucker to the rear of the screen where the patch is, and pull GENTLY a couple of times. re-connect the monitor panel and test. This method does not always work, but it has for me a couple of times, and if the patch is really bothering you, its worth a go - if you feel competent enough!

Good luck, and i hope this helps.

K.

Kenton82

Reputable
This is usually caused by pressure being applied to the screen, either a poke, or something being between the screen and the keyboard when the lid gets closed. Unless you fancy taking the monitor apart, there is little you can do about it unfortunately.
If you are up for dismantling it, you can buy a small glass sucker and once you know where the patch is, and have the panel out of the laptop, attach the sucker to the rear of the screen where the patch is, and pull GENTLY a couple of times. re-connect the monitor panel and test. This method does not always work, but it has for me a couple of times, and if the patch is really bothering you, its worth a go - if you feel competent enough!

Good luck, and i hope this helps.

K.

Solution