X-fi fatality working bad :´(

readeh

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
i bought a X-fi fatality some month ago and i installed it and everything was working but i don't think it sounds good :\ when i watch movies i allmost cant hear the voices but the background is very high i tryed everything but i dont think anything works and with mp3 i cant really adjust it so its sounds good and the old songs doesnt work

does anyone else have these problems ?

and do someone know what to do ?

thanks.

sorry for my bad english :p

halcyon

Splendid
Dude, your English is way better than mine.

Have you tried resetting the level/volume controls to defaults. I'm wondering if you have something like a rear-channel/surround effect level perhaps higher than it ought to be. ...that could be way off base, but that's what it sounds like it might be. Have you tried listening with any headphones to see if you have the same sound degredation?

readeh

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
:p thanks but it doesnt

well :\ i just reinstalled windows and now i got the x-fi working but its so bad sound -_- its like it goes up and down and some weird background sound really annoying..

just tried with headphones :S it sounds really good with em.. its weird

do u have msn so u can guide me ?

halcyon

Splendid
:p thanks but it doesnt

well :\ i just reinstalled windows and now i got the x-fi working but its so bad sound -_- its like it goes up and down and some weird background sound really annoying..

just tried with headphones :S it sounds really good with em.. its weird

do u have msn so u can guide me ?

It sounds like it may be a grounding issue, how good are you cables, power conditioners? Sorry, I don't have MSN. :(

4Aces

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Could be the speakers, try them on a different setup and not the old sound card you were using something different. I put a X-Fi xtreme music in the wife's machine and good gawde maude what a huge difference over the Audigy 2. Paired it with some Klipsch 5.1's and she's very content with the way it sounds. You might have something checked wrong in CMS3 stuff or whatever they call it, for movies you'll need to select the middle option of the three, music is best on the last option with 5.1's

readeh

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
:\ i tried taking taking the CMSS-3d off but no sound comes out then :S :\ dunno what 2 do :( i hate this x-fi shit

:$ i dunno how good my cables r i guess they r just normal.. :S

and nothing wrong with the speakers :\

readeh

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
8O omg i think i got it working .. :S that logitech Z-4500 thingy where u adjust effect lvl and volume :S ehh i changed it from music to 6 Ch Direct and now it actually sounds good :p wow :D

windego

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
8O omg i think i got it working .. :S that logitech Z-4500 thingy where u adjust effect lvl and volume :S ehh i changed it from music to 6 Ch Direct and now it actually sounds good :p wow :D

Ye, i never use the decoder on my z-5500, 6 channel direct sounds the best, much clearer :) . My audigy 2 zs does the upmixing to 5.1 automatically.

readeh

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
:$ ye well.. my center doesnt play :\ u know how 2 fix that ? all the others plays -_- its annoying lol =P but the sound is okay

readeh

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
:$ when 6 Ch direct its only the fronst speakers that plays :\.. and when music its all -_- but i still think 6 ch direct sound better much clear

u know what 2 do ?