Rolled Back Windows 10 And Photo Viewer and Store Not Working

GreyFox37

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2008
The "wonderful" Windows 10 creators update that came out roughly a month ago decided to ruin Google Chrome to where it would crash every 4-8 hours. I wasn't the only one having the same issue. Fed up, I rolled back to before the upgrade. Ever since then, photo viewer doesn't work now and the Store where I could reinstall it does not install or download anything anymore. I tried the troubleshooter and it said it fixed all the issues in the registry and the like. I even rebooted and it still doesn't work. I tried downloading other third party photo viewers and no dice. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Solution

Sorry for my late response here. That didn't work sadly, but I found a temp fix. You close explorer out in the Task Manager, then the Store actually updates all apps, then restore Explorer. That worked for me. Thanks for that tip, though!

GreyFox37

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2008

Ok, I'll give that a shot tonight after work. Fingers crossed

GreyFox37

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2008

Sorry for my late response here. That didn't work sadly, but I found a temp fix. You close explorer out in the Task Manager, then the Store actually updates all apps, then restore Explorer. That worked for me. Thanks for that tip, though!

Solution