Windows 10 recovery error

GavinCr

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
I'm in a bit of a pickle right now and I'm not very familiar with recovery problems.

What happened was I was resetting my pc because a friend would like to have it. Amd A10 7850k, Gtx 1050 ti, and 8 gb of ram. So it's a pretty nice pc and it runs very well. The problem was that after I reset my pc and I turned it on, I got a blue screen that says "Recovery Your Pc/device couldn't be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors. Ntoskrnl.exe, error code 0xc0000221" I have never seen it do this before, and all I wanted to do was clear my hard drive.

Now I installed windows 10 on the pc on a USB drive and got the ISO file from official websites, so I'm pretty sure nothing is wrong there. I did update a GPU driver the other day, but it doesn't really seem to be a graphics problem. I don't have access to a DVD with windows on it so that's really the only thing in my way.

I would appreciate it if I was told what the error meant, or even find a solution for the problem.

Thanks!

Gavin

Solution
If you want to wipe HDD, and ignore that error instead, boot from the USB you made and do this

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type diskpart and press enter
type list disk and press enter
this shows all drives available, DVD/USB and hdd, make note of hdd number
type Select disk X - where X is the number of the hdd you want to wipe, change X to that number and press enter
once the drive you want to install on is chosen, type Clean

the other alternative is do a fresh install using that USB but is friend buying his own licence or are you selling the install to...

Colif

Win 11 Master
If you want to wipe HDD, and ignore that error instead, boot from the USB you made and do this

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type diskpart and press enter
type list disk and press enter
this shows all drives available, DVD/USB and hdd, make note of hdd number
type Select disk X - where X is the number of the hdd you want to wipe, change X to that number and press enter
once the drive you want to install on is chosen, type Clean

the other alternative is do a fresh install using that USB but is friend buying his own licence or are you selling the install to him as well?

Solution