Getting GTX 1080TI FTW3, What monitor should i pair up?

4K Ultra Noob

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016
Hello so it's time to upgrade my GTX 770 to GTX 1080 TI FTW3 and i want to also upgrade my decent 1080 60hz monitor, I feel like wasting the gtx 1080ti if i don't upgrade with higher resolution, so whats your suggestion hit me up,

Prefer 27 - 34 inch monitor 1440 or higher and higher refresh rates.
so i can feel the gaming experience if that what you called lol..

Solution

It is always a possibillity to get dead pixels but I don't think it's that common. Mostly people on which this has happened are leaving comments. If that happens, just return it. I haven't played on an Asus PG279Q but I once played Metro Last Light Redux on a Asus ROG PG348Q. The experience was great on the ultrawide (colours, viewing angle), greater than it could be on a 16:9 aspect monitor no matter the resolution. But personally, I...
I suggest a 144Hz or higher 1440p IPS monitor:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Monitor: Asus - PG279Q ROG Swift 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor ($749.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $749.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-28 06:30 EDT-0400

Imo, this would best suit a gtx 1080 ti. You get high refresh rate and ideal desktop monitor resolution on this size.
The slightly cheaper PG278QR (or PG278Q has a TN panel and 144Hz refresh rate.
You can also wait a bit as new HDR monitors are soon to be released (also with 1440p and 165Hz).

4K Ultra Noob

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016

the new monitor you mention got huge difference from Asus PG279Q or just small difference?
and in your opinion is it worth the wait for HDR Monitors?

4K Ultra Noob

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016
reading from amazon review people complain getting dead pixel when the product arrive at them.. so that is my concern too since i will let my sister ship it , from here location (USA) to our location (Southeast Asia) directly when the product arrive at her door and i might get a dead pixel one...

It is always a possibillity to get dead pixels but I don't think it's that common. Mostly people on which this has happened are leaving comments. If that happens, just return it. I haven't played on an Asus PG279Q but I once played Metro Last Light Redux on a Asus ROG PG348Q. The experience was great on the ultrawide (colours, viewing angle), greater than it could be on a 16:9 aspect monitor no matter the resolution. But personally, I wouldn't pay that much for a monitor. Despite the many pros of the PG348Q the black levels were not good enough (even though the colours were better than any monitor I've seen (100% sRgb and 80% Adobe RGB coverage- I probably expected too much due to the nature of LED panels)- HDR will sure improve the black levels by a lot. It's a question about what you prefer, 21:9 aspect ratio is better for multi-tasking, video editong etc. while 165Hz/ 1440p is better for gaming imo.

Solution
Yikes. I'd be worried about shipping it so far. Could your sister open the box and test the monitor? Plug it in and observe background colors.

Where in SE Asia are you? I'm in Taiwan and we have the PG279Q priced at $780 (including tax). Is there no shop near you or online store?

4K Ultra Noob

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016

philippines , haha, she don't know how to use it,..

Would a trip to Taiwan be cheaper? At least you could check it out in the store and then package it back up and fly home to Philippines.