CPU: i56500
MOBO: MSI H110M Pro VD Plus
PSU: Seasonic 620w
Monitor: FlatronW1643S
RAM: G.Skill 2x4 8GB
Deepcool Fan Hub
2x Corsair AF120
2x Deepcool Ice Blade

So a month ago my old gpu HD7850 died on me so I recently just got to buy a Palit GTX1050ti. I deleted the old files using DDU and I bought a VGA to HDMI cable for the GPU. I also bought a VGA to 24+1 DVI adapter and I still get check signal cable. I made sure to screw it so it wasn't a problem with plugging it in correctly.

When I plugin my GPU to the MOBO I get check signal cable from my monitor but when I remove it and just plug it to my motherboard I have no problems.

When GPU is plugged, in the fan works but I'm just getting check signal cable from monitor. I also have uninstalled the integrated graphics so I have no display drivers as of the moment.

I have removed CMOS battery waited for around 10 minutes and placed it back in.

Also, I checked the monitor's settings if there's a switch input to HDMI but there's none. Checked BIOS if I can make PCIE prority over integrated graphics there's none too. Please let me know what else I can do because I want to make sure I did everything before I bring it back to the shop.

Thank you!

Michael Angelo_1

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017

I got this one for VGA to DVI adapter
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-DVI-Cable-Adapter-DVIVGAMF/dp/B000067SOH

This one for VGA to HDMI cable
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/361517185626-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

If that cable is what I need I'll buy it first then I'll let you know if it works but thanks really I have been working on it for 3 days after work and had no success.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Yeah, that adapter needs to be connected to DVI-I (both analog and digital signals), which older cards had, but the 1050TI does not.

That HDMI to VGA likely won't work either. You 're highly unlikely to get just a single 'cable', it's going to need to be an adapter like the one I linked earlier by StarTech.