Why can't i change my resolution to 1920x1080 anymore?!

Sean1476

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
Ok so i'll give you some context.
So normally i have my computer in the 1920x1080 resolution and all is swell but the other day i factory reset my computer because it was running slowly, maybe because of all the crap i have downloaded over the years, and i don't regret my decision as it now runs perfectly. However. Since factory resetting, i have not been able to make my screen resolution 1920x1080 but i'm instead at 1400x1050 and that is the highest i can go and it looks horrible. You see, i'm in no way a tech guy so as you can imagine, it is driving me crazy as to why it has done this when it was fine before and why i can't fix it after all of my googling. I use my samsung tv as my monitor as it isn't too big and there were no problems with it before as it was able to display the 1920x1080 resolution even with a HDMI/DVI connection from my pc to tv ,i had no problems with it, infact when i press source on my remote and then look at the information of the connection from my pc to my tv it even says the resolution is 1920x1080 60fps. As mentioned before i have spent a good couple of hours googling my problem but to no avail. Any help with the matter would be appreciated and like i said before i am not good with computers so if big words are gonna be used, please elaborate.

Side Note: I'm pretty sure my graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series but when i go into dxdiag it says that im using a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter when before it would list my actual graphics card.

Sean1476

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017

That seems very simple and i now feel really dumb. But you're a fucking hero, thank you.

You essentially did all the leg work, just needed a shove into the right direction. You're welcome though :D