Cannot start in safe mode, self repair loop.

Brandon_9118

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
Trying to fix a friends computer for her, she isn't very computer savy so I'm not sure what happened before hand but its now stuck in a constant self repair loop. Windows wont start and will prompt me that windows cant solve the issue and asks me to restart.

Now i've gone into the options and tried my best to get into safe mode to hopefully do a system restore but it doesn't work, it will just send me back to the self repair screen. I read I might be able to bypass this with a copy of win10 on a usb accessing cmd and starting safemode that way but i've yet to try it. Any thoughts?

Solution
Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.

Select Command Prompt from list of options.

When Command Prompt appears, enter the following lines and press Enter after each line in order to run it:
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot

You may also have to run additional chkdsk commands as well.

Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

You may want to recommend that your friend install a backup utility like Rollback Rx or Macrium Reflect (both free)

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.

Select Command Prompt from list of options.

When Command Prompt appears, enter the following lines and press Enter after each line in order to run it:
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot

You may also have to run additional chkdsk commands as well.

Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

You may want to recommend that your friend install a backup utility like Rollback Rx or Macrium Reflect (both free)

Solution