Can't Remove Internet Explorer Icon From Desktop

Sachin Mahesh

Reputable
May 12, 2017
Its been quite a while i've been searching for solution its doesn't seems to work. i dont know how but i noticed the internet explorer icon on my desktop i tried right clicking it and was amazed to see the menu see : http://i.imgur.com/WcrpLDF.png i find not "Delete" its some kind of a weird IE icon and i dont like that on my desktop i searched for solution

1.From the View menu select Internet Options.
2.Click the Advanced tab.
3.Deselect "Show Internet Explorer on Desktop"
4.Click OK.

i searched each and every line by line and did not find "Show Internet Explorer on Desktop"

i went to control panel and disabled IE and not when i double click icon it says "Application not installed"

i will be happy to provide more information on demand

hoping you will help,
Sachin Mahesh

Solution
Try running Hitman Pro trial on your PC and see if it finds anything. Malwarebytes is also a good idea, I am not too sure about ASC and windows Fix Pro.

Fact you can't install engines for 360 is a worry.
how did you get windows 10 to make the shortcut in the first place?
Normally internet explorer is not used as standard anymore and you would have to place it manually there.

Run Antivirus Scanner to be sure it´s no virus or something similar

looks like it´s no shortcut, is this really on the desktop or in the startmenu as a tile?

restart windows, don´t shutdown, just click on the restart windows button

Sachin Mahesh

Reputable
May 12, 2017
I use iobit ASC and i did windows fix pro and i think after that this came because there is an option "IE icon missing on desktop, fix " i scanned and fixed all which happened to have fixed the IE icon . it behaves normally and works normal which i assume is not a virus i have 360 anti virus with avira and bitdefender engine. bitdefender does not install on my product and is stuck at "Setting up your product"

left clickn and delete does nothing

Sachin Mahesh

Reputable
May 12, 2017
Deselect "Show Internet Explorer on Desktop" i dont see this on internet options

i guess i have to reinstall windows or live with it :/

can i reinstall again without loosing any program or files?