No beep no display fans and lights are on

korean_uke

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017
Guys i need ur help. So i was playing an online game when suddenly desktop froze. It already happened few times before but restarting the unit solves the problem but now it just wont boot up anymore. Everything is turning on (fans etc.) but it has no beep and wont display anything. I assume it has something to do with the PSU or maybe RAM card but I need your opinions.

These are the specs:
AMD A10 7850K X4, FM2 APU
ASUS/GIGABYTE A68HM
8Gb DDR3 HyperX
500GB Hard drive
Samsung 24X DVDRW
ATX PSU
AVR 500W

WINDOWS 10

Thanks guys. I really need ur opinion before ill go buying stuff that might be useless.

Solution
It's likely either a dead motherboard or CPU in my opinion. If you can, grab a cheap CPU from somewhere like eBay that will fit your motherboard's socket and see if it can boot, if it can, probably a dead CPU, if not then you might have a dead mobo instead.

napster100

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
To be honest, it sounds more like the CPU. If the RAM went bad, it would at least be able to send out a beep signal, but if the CPU has gone bad it usually cannot send out any signal. It might be best to try and reseat the CPU and hope for the best.

napster100

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
It's likely either a dead motherboard or CPU in my opinion. If you can, grab a cheap CPU from somewhere like eBay that will fit your motherboard's socket and see if it can boot, if it can, probably a dead CPU, if not then you might have a dead mobo instead.

Solution