HDMI VGA adapter

PaNNix

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Hello guys . I have RX 480 and it doesn't have VGA port , my monitor has only VGA output . Could you please send me a link from a romanian site for a VGA HDMI adapter that will work for my RX 480 ? If you don't know any romanian sites I will provide you in a private message with some .

frostedtim

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
If you have Amazon in Romania, I would have just directed you there. If you already have access to some retail sites in Romania that sell electronic equipment, why dont you just go there yourself and search for "HDMI to VGA adapter." It seem silly that you have access to these sites and you are asking other people to do your searching for what you need on them...

PaNNix

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017

First of all I don't have Amazon in Romania , as you said I have access to retail sites but I don't know which one is good because I've seen people who purchased adapters that don't work or that are bad for their needs . I'm asking people to search for me simple because I don't know which one is good , which one is bad .

frostedtim

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
Ok, well since I cant read the Romanian language, Ill give this advice for shopping: You tend to get what you pay for, so if you buy something really cheap, expect to get something cheaply made. Also, dont waste your money on stupidly expensive adapters. If you are paying more than equivalent to $30 USD, you are over paying. HDMI to VGA adapters are not cutting edge tech and you wont be seeing any innovations in them.

You can look on sites outside of Romania, like Amazon for US or UK, find what you are looking for with good reviews, and then search local sites for those items.

PaNNix

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017

Ok , I will try to look for adapters with good reviews , another problem is that I understood that active adapters will work and passive adapters won't work . Since retail sites on my country are filled with almost no information about adapters I don't know which one is an active one and which one is a passive adapter . Sorry if my English is not so good .

PaNNix

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017

Thank you so much dear sir , I will buy it in the next days and I will tell you if it works if you're interested :D.