My pc won't start

Riku__

Reputable
Jan 26, 2016
I tried to launch just cause 3 today, for the first time on my pc (since its the steam summer sale) the game was frozen at the title screen. With the little patience i have i just straight up turned my pc off at the button. Out of determination i wanted to see the game run. And i did, but it was laggy as hell. So i decided to turn off some applications to free up some ram. So i did, then i launched the game again. Then the game froze at the title screen. There was no way it was going to get out of this lag so the only thing i could do is turn off my computer. I know turning my computer off at the button so suddenly like that is bad for it but i have no other choice. Now my computer wont boot... again. This happens too many times for me. So i did the usual, tried booting from a backup... fail. Tried diagnosing the pc.... fail. Tried resetting while keeping my files... nearly worked... but then there was a loop of nothing but that loading circle. So i figured that if i turn off my pc it will go back to the blue screen and i can try fully resetting my pc (my last resort). But now im stuck in an endless loop of "please wait" then black screen.
I want to keep my files since i just downloaded 3 games which took for ever. And i have heaps of other games that id feel bad for using the internet like that
Should i make a bootable usb drive?
Can i keep my files if i use a usb?
Perhaps is my hard drive broken?
I dont have a working usb on me right now so is there another way?

Oh and also my rig is (if it helps)
Gtx 1070 ROG
I5 6400
8gb DDR4
1tb hard drive

Im only 14 so i dont understand anything beyond what i see on linus tech tips... lol

UPDATE
OK as soon as i published that the blue screen comes up.
Now what should i do? Should i reset it fully or try saving my files again?

UPDATE
So yea resetting it now doesnt work...
I guess my files are beyond saving...

My only option is to uae a usb drive huh

The moral of this story is... dont let your games make you damage your computer, fix them while you still have a working computer

-Riku 2017

Solution
Are the games steam games? If they are, you can move the games library and reuse it on new install

is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/
Also, on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

turning windows off the wrong way will make it run windows repair and can get it into a little loop

I guess game needs time to load the 1st time?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Are the games steam games? If they are, you can move the games library and reuse it on new install

is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/
Also, on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

turning windows off the wrong way will make it run windows repair and can get it into a little loop

I guess game needs time to load the 1st time?

Solution