How to fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error in Windows 10? Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TibyXD

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
Hello community. A friend of mine bought a new PC and he let me assembly it for him.
After I finished the setup and installed Windows 10, I started installing drivers. Then, the image froze; I restarted the PC and went through the same processes. Again, the image froze and a blue screen appeared: Error CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT.
I searched the web for solutions, but none of them helped.

The computer contains:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: ASUS 1050 Ti Expedition
MOBO: ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz C14
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (new one)
PSU: Aerocool KCAS 500W
Windows 10 cleaniso

How can I fix this bug? Or at least, what is the problem?

I have to mention that I monitored the CPU and GPU temps and they were OK. (not overheating).

Solution
If you have updated the drivers and bios and still get the bug check then you have to provide a kernel memory dump and have someone read it with the windows debugger. You will wAnt to start cmd.exe as an admin and turn on debugging flags run
Verifier.exe /standard /all
And reboot.

Be sure you know how to get into safe mode so you can turn off verifier if your system bug check during the next boot up.
Use
Verifier.exe. /reset
To turn off the debug functions after you are done testing.

When you get the next bug check you can copy the memory.dmp file to a server and post a link

start by getting your bios updated and motherboard drivers installed from your motherboard vendors website.
very common to get this particular error due to conflicts between the motherboard sound drivers the CPU sound driver and the GPU sound driver.

other common causes are due to USB drivers not installing correctly.
(the BIOS and motherboard drivers should be upgraded together)

If you have updated the drivers and bios and still get the bug check then you have to provide a kernel memory dump and have someone read it with the windows debugger. You will wAnt to start cmd.exe as an admin and turn on debugging flags run
Verifier.exe /standard /all
And reboot.

Be sure you know how to get into safe mode so you can turn off verifier if your system bug check during the next boot up.
Use
Verifier.exe. /reset
To turn off the debug functions after you are done testing.

When you get the next bug check you can copy the memory.dmp file to a server and post a link

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.