Windows Upgrade bug (10240)

VaizardsParagon

Reputable
Jul 1, 2017
Hi guys i recently got my new pc. I installed windows 10 pro 64 bit and proceeded to install my drivers. I installed my motherboard drivers then i downloaded the drivers for my GPU (gtx 1050ti)
Then i was greeted with an incompatibility issue. It says that my version of windows is not compatible with the drivers (build 10240). That is why i thought that upgrading was the easy answer until i downloaded the windows upgrade assistant. Then after it reached 90% it went back to 1% and is still downloading until now. Can i get any assistance on this issue? Am I upgrading windows the proper way? If not how do I do it. Thanks a lot.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You can use that installer USAFRet offered to update but I have found that upgrading from 10240 to 15063 may not work so helps to backup info (though if its a new install, you probably have none) before trying. I would fresh install using the Installer you make above.

If win 10 is activated at this point, when you fresh install again, when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

USAFRet

Titan

Well, the update should work. I was just offering a different path.
But I thought you said this was a new install?

TRENDING THREADS