PC Won't Beep or Display Anything, Fans Spin and LEDs light up

FredSmith0

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017
I bought a PC around 6 months ago and when I first built it the PC ran fine. About a week ago however, my PC started turning off due to random "power surges" whenever I ran graphically intensive or CPU intensive programs. I could always reboot it immediately afterwards to find and fix the problem. What I originally thought was happening after some googling around was that the PSU would have to dump more power into that parts, resulting in the mobo detecting this sudden change as a "power surge" and shutting off. So I went into the BIOS and turned off the power surge protector, as I had he PC plugged into a power surge brick. This helped for a few days, but then the monitor would randomly turn off and read "no display". When this happened I could yet again restart it and try to fix the issue. However this time I couldn't find what was wrong. Eventually the monitor turned off for the last time. When I rebooted it there was a solid white bar running through the center of my monitor. I tried using the mobos graphics but it read "no display". The same results occurred on a separate monitor I tried. However everything still lights up and spins like normal. I have no idea what's wrong at this point.

Solution
What power supply do you have? PC shouldn't turn off if you ask it to do more work, so PSU doesn't sound like its good enough to support PC

TRENDING THREADS