Windows 10 freezing ingame, Event view has many Event ID 19 Whea processor errors.

Anthony_Skunk89

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017
Windows 10 freeze when gaming. Event viewer is showing a ton of event 19 WHEA errors.

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 1

The details view of this entry contains further information

and

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information

Happens on any game reguardless of graphics.

My MB unit is a Sabertooth 990fx r2

CPU: AMD FX-9590 Vishera 4.7GHz Socket AM3+ 220W 8-Core Desktop Processor - Black Edition FD9590FHHKWOX with Liquid Cooling Kit

GPU: ATI RADEON R9 290

PSU: Corsair AX860 80 plus platinum

Extra fans: 6 case fans

Now, I can be fine playing anygame for an hour or so before it freezes, somethimes happenes after even 3 minutes into it. The freeze is typical as only a hard reboot can be used to restart the system.

I am unable to update my bios due to not owning a USB Flash Drive or a Floppy drive.

Heat seems to be playing a role of some sort as the temp for the core and gpu hover around 61c in games like Heroes and Generals and Skyrim.

This started around 2 months ago and has just gotten worse with it freezing up 7 times just yesterday. I've removed any and all dust and updated my drivers as far as they can go, save for the BIOS as told above. Friend of mine recommended this site to post a help tread so here I am. Oh, and I've also reapplied new thermal paste after cleaning of the old one. All fans are powered and running with an occasional start up error of "Cpu fan error" on boot, but after swapping the cpu fan and cpu fan opt cords around seemed to solve that.

Anymore info needed please let me know, I'm not doing much else here.

Solution
61c is safe for a GPU that's perfectly normal

what about ur CPU temp?

You can approximate the average temperature a given CPU should run at based on the maximum operating temperature. CPUs fluctuate between 20 to 30 degrees Celsius (36 to 54 Fahrenheit) in normal use between idle and full-load.

Are all cooling fans working properly?

kjackey

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016
61c is safe for a GPU that's perfectly normal

what about ur CPU temp?

You can approximate the average temperature a given CPU should run at based on the maximum operating temperature. CPUs fluctuate between 20 to 30 degrees Celsius (36 to 54 Fahrenheit) in normal use between idle and full-load.

Are all cooling fans working properly?

Solution

Anthony_Skunk89

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017
All fans are working, well working as in on. My cooling kit has some liquid still in it, but I can't confirm if it being transferred through the hoses or not.

Currently the cpu temps are, as of now, 15-25c idle. That quickly get up to 50c to 65c even on Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, and that's an older game. I saw it hit 77c in Stellaris yester day, but only for a brief moment. I just chalked that one up to Speedfans sometimes awkward readings.