New machine, windows 10 install, multiple blue screens

Vik888

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017
New here, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but quite desperate for a solution.

Built a brand new pc, attempting to install windows 10, but getting repeated blue screens with errors such as: "unexpected_kernal_mode_trap"; "kmode exception not handled".

Read that this is often hardware related, particularly memory, so I've done some basic troubleshooting such as swapping ram module slots to run just one module instead of two (to see if there's a faulty one) but get the same issues.

Also had both "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" and just "irql_not_less_or_equal", if that gives any indication.

It will sometimes allow me to get to the install screen before crashing, sometimes allows me to install windows 10 and restarts as it should, sometimes will just refuse to get anywhere and immediately blue screen - either way I've not managed to actually get into windows 10. Error codes are seemingly at random and I've no clue how to progress.

Any insight would be most appreciated!

Vik888

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017
Managed to make it all the way to setting up a network before it crashed halfway through - had the classic Defaultuser0 error, has to reinstall. Performed about 8 or so fresh installs now - going for persistence to at least get some diagnostic tools up and running.

Vik888

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017

Sure thing:

Processor: Intel 6700k
Motherboard: Asus Strix Z270
GPU: Asus Strix GTX1070
RAM: 16GB GSkill Trident RGB
Storage: Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M2 SSD (500GB)
PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G2L

Just as an additional update, I managed to install Windows 10 Pro and access my device manager - it states that the PCI Simple Communications Controller has an issue, no drivers available through the automatic Update Driver facility. Added issue, anytime I try to access a webpage, it will blue screen, again citing kernel errors.

I also ran the inbuilt Windows Memory Diagnostic and it passed with no issues.