Computer crashing and Blue Screens

rafaeleao

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
Hello, I've been breaking my head over this one for the last 2 weeks, to get to the problem:

I recently formated my pc because of some problems with the win 10 update and some video drivers, and while it fixed that, I'm now getting crashes and blue screens on start up.

Some times it would just crash after starting the pc for some time, but recently it's been crashing more often after playing a game (FFXIV to be specific) which would crash because of a dx11 error, which might or might not be a problem of my pc since other users report having that.

The start up blue screen error report problems with 2 system files so far, namely qevbda.sys and ntoskrnl.exe, both with error code 0xc0000221, while the crashes after having started the pc sucessfuly would report IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and one time MEMORY MANAGEMENT.

I don't know if there is a log I could get about the errors on my pc, so for now I will post here a link for the dxdiag file, and hope anyone can shine some light on this problem.
http://

Solution
from the bugchecks I think you are getting some errors from inside the CPU hardware. I would be looking for overclocking, overheating problems or incorrect power levels or clock rates to the CPU pins.

you might reset the BIOS to defaults or update the BIOS if you have not done so, then install the motherboard chipset drivers from the motherboard vendors website. Remove any overclocking of the CPU or GPU and monitor your motherboards power to make sure it is stable. clean out any dust from the cpu and PSU fans and make sure the fans are still spinning up to speed.

Colif

Win 11 Master
1. Can you download and run who crashed - it will give us a glimpse of the errors you getting and might help us solve them

Copy/paste summary in here and I see what I can do :)

2. Can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

are you sure its qevbda.sys and not evbda.sys? I guess print outs will tell me for sure, its just evbda.sys is part of Broadcom NetXtreme II 10 GigE which could correspond with your lan drivers.

What are specs of PC? What motherboard do you have?
I can see CPU = A8 6600K
I think motherbaord is a Gigabyte?
GPU = GTX 960

margoklein007

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
Blue screens are generally caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or issues with its hardware driver software. Sometimes, they can be caused by issues with low-level software running in the Windows kernel. Regular apps usually won’t be able to cause blue screens. If an app crashes, it will do so without taking the operating system out with it.

you should definitely read this- https://www.howtogeek.com/163452/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-blue-screen-of-death/

rafaeleao

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
Alright, thanks for the answers so far, my motherboard is indeed GIGABYTE, a AMD GA-F2A88XM-D3H FM2+ rev 3.0 Micro ATX , I have 4gb ram (used to have 8 but one stopped working some time ago, but a replacement is on the way) and power is a Corsair CX-430W. So far I have not had any more crashes, and I disabled some start up programs and maybe that helped, but I enabled the mini-dumps and checked for logs with the program listed and will copy it here.

Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 02/07/2017 17:57:50 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\070217-6578-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C4C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x5100, 0xFFFF8B52868B5A68, 0x1, 0x1D400000800)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 02/07/2017 15:17:37 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\070217-74718-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x5100, 0xFFFFCD52C10102A8, 0x40, 0x800)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 02/07/2017 13:21:05 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFF80125A64E70)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFF80125A64E70, 0xFFFF800145111000, 0xFFFFF80123CC2A9F)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

On Fri 30/06/2017 00:56:02 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\063017-9015-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (0xFFFFF802F2A20085)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFF7824008A200, 0xFF, 0x0, 0xFFFFF802F2A20085)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 29/06/2017 23:44:01 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\062917-9609-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x808, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF801996422EC)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

from the bugchecks I think you are getting some errors from inside the CPU hardware. I would be looking for overclocking, overheating problems or incorrect power levels or clock rates to the CPU pins.

you might reset the BIOS to defaults or update the BIOS if you have not done so, then install the motherboard chipset drivers from the motherboard vendors website. Remove any overclocking of the CPU or GPU and monitor your motherboards power to make sure it is stable. clean out any dust from the cpu and PSU fans and make sure the fans are still spinning up to speed.

Solution

rafaeleao

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
Alright I only had time this weekend so I went to try the updates and...I don't know I'm a little bit scared. I've never updated bios before and most places where I went to look for help warned me alot about it. I believe I found the version of my bios and the update at the motherboard site but still scared of proceeding...also many sites said that I need either a program specified by the site or with the bios to install it, or copy to usb and well the site didn't tell me anything, and the program with the bios says my win version is wrong even if the site said 64 with is mine...So if it wasn't asking much I would really like some help on how to proceed with this. I will post the link with my motherboard drivers for it may help.
GA-F2A88XM-D3H
http://

Edit: Also maybe worth mentioning, my pc hasn't crashed since I posted this for the first time, and all I did was pretty much disable some startup programs and remove a faulty 4gb ram, so there's that.