Stuck at "just a moment" loading screen after changing some registry. Help?

yumucchii_

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
So firstly I would like to apologize whether there are some grammar mistakes or some things that you can't understand, since English is not my first language.

But it all started this morning. I just got someone to install a copy of Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. Then it turns out that the users directory (you know the C:\Users\thing) didn't felt right to me, so I searched online to change the directory name, which required some registry tweaks. I did everything following the procedure, I even made a restore point before. But after I restarted the computer, yes, it did took me to the login screen. It did take a while, then it moved to the "Just a moment" loading screen, but even after 30 minutes passed, it will just stay there and won't take me to the home screen with Start menu and everything else. When I tried to get to Safe Mode, after I logged in, it will give me an error like "you'll need a new app to open ms-get-started".

Is there something I could do to workaround this situation? Any help would be greatly apprreciated.

Thanks! :'D

Solution
When the user account is loading, it's applying the user settings which are stored in the user profile folder.. so, if you change the folder name, the system may not find the user settings... You should have changed the user name which changes the profile folder name, from the Control Panel > User Accounts... or from Computer Management, accessed from Computer right click and select Manage, or from Start > Run > type "Control Userpasswords2" hit Enter > Advanced tab < Advanced.

Try these options in this order... either should work but the first a) is automized repair, b) is Restoring the System from Safe Mode and c) is loging on to manually revert the changes you did. So if one doesn't work the next one may.

Use the Windows 10...
When the user account is loading, it's applying the user settings which are stored in the user profile folder.. so, if you change the folder name, the system may not find the user settings... You should have changed the user name which changes the profile folder name, from the Control Panel > User Accounts... or from Computer Management, accessed from Computer right click and select Manage, or from Start > Run > type "Control Userpasswords2" hit Enter > Advanced tab < Advanced.

Try these options in this order... either should work but the first a) is automized repair, b) is Restoring the System from Safe Mode and c) is loging on to manually revert the changes you did. So if one doesn't work the next one may.

Use the Windows 10 install media to either:
a) perform the Automatic (Startup) Repair
b) or to Restore the System (if a likely restore point has already been created)
c) To logon in Safe Mode and revert what you did that caused the issue.

How to Get to Safe Mode in Windows 10
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2569556/safe-mode-windows.html

Solution