what does this means? (Cars)

xVoltz

Prominent
May 28, 2017
Hi. I dont know what this means. Becouse in canada the minimum age is 14-15-16-17-18 and i dont know what the permissions for driving is.
in california i am thinking about.

This is the list:

Hardship License for Minors - Yes, See notes
Minimum age for learner's Permit - 15 years & 6 month
Minimum Age for Restricted License - 16 Years
Minimum Age for Full Unrestricted License - 17 Years
Validity of Full unrestricted license - 5 Years

and i dont know what this means... if somebody would take time to read this & Help me i would really appreciate it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver%27s_licenses_in_the_United_States

Solution

It's not just an age thing.
Read the California DMV link I posted above.
And if you are under 18, you should probably be having this discussion with whatever licensed driver will be with you during the learners permit process.

Oh, and you need a car and insurance.

Learners Permit is a LEARNING PERMIT to LEARN to drive. So you have to have a licensed driver IN the car with you at all times, you are limited on what hours of the day you can drive etc. Common scenario you drive Mom's car with Mom to school and she drives home and uses it the rest of the day. So you get the experiance with someone licensed. Also means you need to be 15 years, 6 Months old. Not 14, not 15, 15 years and 6 MONTHS, period.

Min Age means NO LESS THAN 16, so NO there is no 14 or 15 or such to be on a LIMITED license. You can only drive certain hours of the day, etc. all outlined in the DMV handbook.

Min age means no less than 17, so no 16, no 15, no 14 and you will be Unrestricted, meaning no limitations to your driving per the state. Usually this is because your in High School and already have a job, trying to be a good citizen and they understand that your a YEAR from being a legal Adult.

Validity means verifying or authorizing a full unrestricted license from when you first get it. So if you did get it at 16, drove till 17, and expected Unrestricted, BUT you had several accidents, tickets, road violations, etc. then NO you don't get unrestricted license, instead you may have it revoked or LIMITED to keep you in check for 5 YEARS till you prove you deserve the responsibility.

xVoltz

Prominent
May 28, 2017

So when can i drive as much as i want without having another person in the car? Like when i will get he certificate and can drive on my own as much as i want and in norway muscle cars are 20 years+ and normal cars are 18+ and is muscle any more year then normal cars in california?

USAFRet

Titan

In California, it does not matter what type of car. There is no "muscle car" difference.

A California 'unrestricted license' cannot be had if you are under 17 years old.
How old are you now?

xVoltz

Prominent
May 28, 2017

i just want to know hold old i have to be to drive without any other people and the whole day (if i want to) like no one have to be with me

USAFRet

Titan

It's not just an age thing.
Read the California DMV link I posted above.
And if you are under 18, you should probably be having this discussion with whatever licensed driver will be with you during the learners permit process.

Oh, and you need a car and insurance.

Solution

xVoltz

Prominent
May 28, 2017

so i have to be 17 or 18 to drive at my own as much as i want?

YES

xVoltz

Prominent
May 28, 2017

im not the best in english. I Live in norway so i dont actually speak english normally. So i didn't understand what it said

xVoltz

Prominent
May 28, 2017

But 17 or 18?