"The system cannot find the file specified."

LaGg3r34

Commendable
Jul 1, 2017
Hello. I cannot install my NIC drivers , it says " The system cannot find the file specified." I have no idea what to do. Any ideas from anyone would be greatly appreaciated!
Thanks.

Also.. barey any .inf file works it seems only the ones that have been here since i installed windows complete. any other driver like GPU/CHIPSET etc says "the system cannot find the file specified."

Try iOBit Driver Booster to look up your drivers and see if there is another alternative. Other than removing the device then reinstalling it (It may be using the GENERIC driver from Microsoft and when you introduce a W7/8 driver which is NOT compatible with W10, then that is when you have a issue).

LaGg3r34

Commendable
Jul 1, 2017
i've tried every sort of driver thing , and how can i use driver booster if i don't have internet /: i was thinking that maybe i can use some free vpn that would give me ethernet for me to get drivers with driver booster tho , tunnelbear doesnt work. i'll go look for smth.

As I said before, the card is NOT per the maker Okay to work with W10 (as no drivers are for it). You need to use another NIC, or better yet a simple USB Wifi Adapter (they are only $10-20) and use that to get to the router wirelessly. Yes I understand the W7 at one time drivers somehow worked, so unless your going to WIPE Windows and do a clean install from scratch with a device with no W10 drivers, your still will be in the same boat.

LaGg3r34

Commendable
Jul 1, 2017
Listen.
I can't install ANY driver no matter what version/os it is for , i can't even install a vpn like come on . And it worked before so this is not the issue here , btw on the box there is a warning/disclaimer "This software SHOULD work on newer versions of windows."

I even had my dad try this on a windows 10 64 bit version using the win8 64 bit drivers , worked fine.