Laptop won't start up

optional_1

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
I was using my laptop on my desk anda book fell down and hit the right side of my Asus laptop, X540L, where I believe the HDD to be. It won't load windows, and I really need this laptop for schoolwork and such. Please help

Solution
i had a 1tb hdd that got broken and they said it was unfixable, now i don't know bestbuy's prices since i don't live in the us but i recommend taking it to a technician before buying anything to make sure it's the hdd that is broken, he'd tell you what to do and how much it would cost and they should cost much for just checking

optional_1

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

Even if I take it to a technician, there's no way that they can fix it? Also, if they could at lets say best buy (the closest place near me) how much is the average price?

m7mod

Distinguished
i had a 1tb hdd that got broken and they said it was unfixable, now i don't know bestbuy's prices since i don't live in the us but i recommend taking it to a technician before buying anything to make sure it's the hdd that is broken, he'd tell you what to do and how much it would cost and they should cost much for just checking

Solution