Getting BSOD with stopcode: critical_process_died

TannyK

Commendable
May 21, 2016
For the past few days I have been getting a BSOD crash error with with stopcode: critical_process_died once every time I start-up my Windows 10 (approximately 3-4 mins after logging into Windows)

Problem doesn't re-occur anymore after Windows restart though. Have kept my PC running for like 18 hrs or so without it ever re-occurring, but once I shut down PC and start it up, then it crashes with the same error again. Now I did the obvious google digging regarding this, and so far I've tried the following things with no damn luck whatsoever:

1) ran sfc/scannow in cmd (gave no errors/warnings, all clear)
2) updated all my drivers with software booster (I did have several out-dated drivers, updated them but still same problem)
3) ran malwarebytes (never had run it b4, it did find like 4 minor threats, deleted them, but still no luck)

So now I'm stuck completely failing to isolate what's causing this problem. If anyone here has faced similar issue, then please let me know the fix. Any help will be much appreciated

PS: The error screen does say that it's gonna restart windows for me, but it never does. I have to hard-reboot my pc everytime

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you download and run who crashed - it will give us a glimpse of the errors you getting and might help us solve them

Copy/paste summary in here and I see what I can do :)

Critical process died is a windows error, I don't think its caused by outside files but I have been wrong before.

2. can cause more problems than it fixes, DB likes to install the wrong drivers.

TannyK

Commendable
May 21, 2016

I actually managed to get a solution for my problem just yesterday from another forum. I was suggested to uninstall any 3rd party antivirus programs I had running. I did so, and it worked! Seems like the antivirus I was using (BitDefender free edition) was the culprit... which I still don't know why/how :p

TannyK

Commendable
May 21, 2016

Well I checked. My LAN driver had the March 2017 version, but there was a later May version after that so I installed that. I doubt that caused the problem though