BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Window 10 while playing games :(

coyoteee

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
Can someone help me please :( i have been getting BSOD constantly for half a year now with the errors DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It always happened when i tried to play heavy games like Fallout 4 or Rise of the Tomb Raider after about 10-30 minutes. Can you guys tell me what might be causing the errors please :( Thank you guys a million times in advance, sorry for my bad english ^^

Here are my computer specs:
Intel i5 6600k
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
16gb ram
MSI Gaming X 1070

Here are the report i got from Whocrashed:

On Wed 07/05/2017 0:18:49 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\070517-5468-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x1AD27)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xB0, 0xFF, 0x2F, 0xFFFFF802CFA2BD27)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 07/05/2017 0:18:49 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalProcessorIdle+0x2E7)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xB0, 0xFF, 0x2F, 0xFFFFF802CFA2BD27)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 06/28/2017 14:32:36 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\062817-5468-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C3F0)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0xFF, 0x55, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 06/27/2017 23:52:03 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\062717-5312-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C3F0)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0xFF, 0x6F, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time

Here are my minidump folder:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1QFV98OoXHVcmNURFhrb2p5dU0

Thank you guys again

Solution
I would remove the overclocking tool:
\C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\RTCore64.sys Fri Sep 30 05:03:17 2016

this driver (known to corrupt memory)
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ScpVBus.sys Sun May 5 14:31:26 2013

I would remove this software:
https://www.tencent.com/en-us/system.html
D:\Temp\gaprotect.sys Fri Jun 16 00:01:58 2017
installing a driver from a temp directory is just bad news. often it contains malware or is unwanted.

the bugcheck shows clearly invalid memory address being used. most likely something is overwriting memory that it does not own.
the values look like pool header info rather than a valid kernel memory address.

most likely one of the above drivers is the cause but if you still get this bugcheck...
I would remove the overclocking tool:
\C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\RTCore64.sys Fri Sep 30 05:03:17 2016

this driver (known to corrupt memory)
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ScpVBus.sys Sun May 5 14:31:26 2013

I would remove this software:
https://www.tencent.com/en-us/system.html
D:\Temp\gaprotect.sys Fri Jun 16 00:01:58 2017
installing a driver from a temp directory is just bad news. often it contains malware or is unwanted.

the bugcheck shows clearly invalid memory address being used. most likely something is overwriting memory that it does not own.
the values look like pool header info rather than a valid kernel memory address.

most likely one of the above drivers is the cause but if you still get this bugcheck after you remove them then you will have to run cmd.exe or powershell and then run
verifier.exe /standard /all
and reboot.

this will force the system to check for drivers that are making invalid calls, for example writing to memory that is not assigned to the driver. When this happens with verifier turned on, it will cause a bugcheck and will name the bad driver in the memory dump file.

note your ScpVBus.sys is a known bad driver so you will want to remove it before you attempt to run verifier or your system will just bugcheck when ScpVBus.sys is loaded. Be sure you know how to get into safe mode so you can turn off verifier using
verifier.exe /reset
(in case the system bugchecks on the next boot up)

Solution