cant boot into windows becuase of BSOD but have ubuntu installed

Syktris

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
i keep getting System thread exception not handled BSOD on trying to install windows 10 or boot into windows, and cant get into safe mode, but i sucessfully installed ubuntu, but im wondering how i can fix this through ubuntu like maybe uninstalling drivers or something?

Solution
Do you have the latest BIOS? That error can be caused by an old BIOS - its one of the few causes that make sense during installation process

Try running memtest86 on ram sticks and see if you get any errors, its also about only thing that can trip up a fresh install. Test 1 stick at a time, any errors are too many. Replace/remove sticks even if you get 1 error.

What are specs of PC?
how did you try to get into safe mode? Is windows on PC already as if its a fresh install, safe mode may not exist yet?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have the latest BIOS? That error can be caused by an old BIOS - its one of the few causes that make sense during installation process

Try running memtest86 on ram sticks and see if you get any errors, its also about only thing that can trip up a fresh install. Test 1 stick at a time, any errors are too many. Replace/remove sticks even if you get 1 error.

What are specs of PC?
how did you try to get into safe mode? Is windows on PC already as if its a fresh install, safe mode may not exist yet?

Solution