Program keeps wanting to run on administrator settings, is there anyway I can have it run without admin settings?

brownie23

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
Hello,

I'm playing a game called final fantasy XIV, and although I installed the game onto a folder on the desktop (thought this would counter this issue) anytime the game wants to install an update, it keeps asking for administrator settings.

The game itself works fine everytime, its just that when an update comes out I must install that update before I can continue playing again and that's when the problem comes in. The updater FFXIVupdater.exe keeps running in administrator mode. Is there any way I can have "FFXIVupdater.exe" without admin settings? The files it would most likely be patching are on the desktop anyways (as that is where I had the install directory)

Could someone help me with this, thanks a lot!

edit:

I should state that I can have admin settings for one time use if I need to do any changing in terms of "premissions" or any other admin settings. Its just that to constantly keep asking for admin rights will become problematic, as there are literally updates every 2nd day.

Solution
why not right click on the exe then on the 'compatibility tab' put a check on 'run as an administrator' so that it will not bug you anymore.