I can't take my daily blue screening and freezing anymore! Please help! (Hardware and crash dump files included)

BuffADCPls

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
This is my first time ever posting to this site, so if my info is messed up, feel free to let me know and I will try my best to fix it. My custom PC has been freezing and blue screening every day for a few months now, I'm finally posting because It's getting constantly worse. I will be surprised if I can finish this post without it doing it again. Here's my hardware:
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-9590 Eight core Processor (4.70GHz)
GPU: MSI gtx 970 ME
Memory: 16GB Ram (7.97 usable)

I tried my best to create a crash dump file, even though I've never done it before, so hopefully someone can read it and help me with my issues. I thought it was a CPU overheating problem, but I check my temps, and they seem to be fine, although i may be wrong. I still think it's that. I'm not the MOST computer savvy person ever, but I just can't figure this one out, no matter how much time I spend on Google. Please help, Tech angels. Save my computer from PC hell!
Dump File: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8pChdl5iM3ZelBWeFh1SmlrakU

Solution
the bugcheck happened because some service that was running ended up using a bad memory address.
the process that was running at the time was PMRunner64.exe ( google for the file and see if it talks to a running service, then see if there is a update to the program)

here are some other issues:

old drivers:

Atheros network adapter driver
2.4GHz Wireless N PCI Adapter (sold under various names)
athrx.sys Tue Nov 23 16:11:58 2010
this driver will be a problem, it is too old and will have bugs that will break virus scanners, and streaming on NVidia gpu cards. most likely it is a oem device so you would have to get the brand name then try to figure out if you can get a update. if it is a usb thumb device you will have to remove...
the bugcheck happened because some service that was running ended up using a bad memory address.
the process that was running at the time was PMRunner64.exe ( google for the file and see if it talks to a running service, then see if there is a update to the program)

here are some other issues:

old drivers:

Atheros network adapter driver
2.4GHz Wireless N PCI Adapter (sold under various names)
athrx.sys Tue Nov 23 16:11:58 2010
this driver will be a problem, it is too old and will have bugs that will break virus scanners, and streaming on NVidia gpu cards. most likely it is a oem device so you would have to get the brand name then try to figure out if you can get a update. if it is a usb thumb device you will have to remove the driver using the pnputility since if you just remove the hardware, the driver will stay installed but just become hidden.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771484(v=ws.10).aspx

Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Rt64win7.sys Tue Jun 17 04:59:14 2014
update to current version:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

old Logitech usb filter driver (check logictech for a update)
LGSUsbFilt.Sys Thu May 30 08:15:44 2013

old xbox usb driver, corrupts memory, get updated version from microsoft
xusb21.sys Wed Apr 8 07:28:44 2009

old usbfilter:
usbfilter.sys Tue Aug 28 18:27:12 2012
I would look for a updated filter from your motherboard website (might be under the utilities section or the chipset section)

see if this is the correct motherboard:
http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-990FXA-UD5-R5-rev-10#ov

you might update the various drivers and the bios to the current version.

machine info:
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product 990FXA-UD5 R5

be sure to update your motherboard sound drivers, they are often the source of hard to find memory corruption problems.

also, since the bugcheck error code was 0xc000005 it could mean that you have a memory timing problem. You would update the bios or reset it to defaults and run memtest86 to confirm your memory timings.

(my guess is your bugcheck is caused by a bug in PMRunner64.exe talking to a service. it would be a common bug )

looks like you have a failed install of "PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3483&SUBSYS_34831106&REV_01\4&6f5b703&0&0048"

and your usbfilter.sys failed after it was started. I would expect that it is just too old to be used with your updated bios (with new usb spec support) remove/update the old usb drivers a nd your usb should start working much better.
looks like you have a failed install of the usbfilter going on also. I would expect the old file will not work with the updated bios

Solution

BuffADCPls

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017

Wow, thank you for all of that. I'm so glad someone was able to finally quantify all of my PC problems into a forum post. Just a few questions, the Atheros network adapter driver, I remember it was some third party bluetooth thumb drive now, and I've found my driver store and all the drivers I've installed, but no driver matches or sounds even close to Atheros, and i definitely don't want to go and just delete random drivers playing needle in the haystack, is there any way to tell which .inf file this is associated with?