Secondary Display for Ryzen Desktops and GTX950

Davidesha

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
Hello This is my first thread here so forgive me if i break any rules. i'm a little bit confused to ask here or the GPU subforum

i recently built a PC with the following specs

Processor: Ryzen 5 1600
Mobo : MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic
GPU: Zotac GTX 950

i'm planning to add one more display as secondary display however, my GPU only have 1 HDMI and 1 DisplayPort 1.2.. the monitor is on shipping as of now.

how can i attach the second monitor? both my monitor doesn't have Displayport port. only HDMI and VGA

I Heard that Ryzen doesn't have integrated GPU.. so will i be able to use the HDMI Port on the motherboard or should i get a DP-HDMI dongle?

oh since i'm here then might well ask.. if i want to add one more display (total of 3 monitors).. my pc only have 1 HDMI and 1 Displayport and 2 DVIs on the GPU, and the mobo have 1 HDMI, 1 DVI, and 1 VGA port. will any of the motherboard ports work? considering i'm using a ryzen which is not an APU.

FYI for those who will advise me to upgrade my gpu, i'm planning to get a new gpu a few weeks after vega launched. and the gpu will be decided on vega review.. whether i'll take a vega or switch to nvidia instead.. either way, a suggestion on upgrading my gpu will have to wait..

Regards

Solution
Dp to HDMI adapter for you.
The outputs on the Ryzen motherbd's are for the APU's (with built in gpu) whenever AMD brings them to market.