Vertical line of possibly dead pixels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

link_3

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
I have an MSI GE72 6QF Apache Pro laptop.
Yesterday, a singular vertical line of supposedly dead pixels appeared in the middle of the screen.
I'd like to point out that this has happened before, but last time it went away by itself after a few hours somehow? This time it wont go away and I can't seem to get rid of it.

I'm currently trying jscreenfix but it doesn't look like it's working, which I expected since it's a fix for stuck pixels, not dead ones like mine appear to be.

Of course, the line does not appear on an external monitor when connected, only on the laptop screen itself.

According to speccy, my full specs are:

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz
Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MS-1794 (U3E1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 530 (MSI)
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M (MSI)
ForceWare version: 382.05
SLI Disabled
Storage
119GB TOSHIBA THNSNJ128G8NY (SSD)
931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA)
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUD0N
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Here's some pictures so you can see exactly what it looks like:
tumblr_osmepgnD951vq2g5uo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_osmepgnD951vq2g5uo2_1280.jpg

Any suggestions on how to fix this besides sending it off for repairs would be great :)

Solution
Dead pixels are normally random, not in a vertical line like in your pictures.

Read your warranty. I wouldn't think opening the back panel to check for loose connections would void the warranty, but I could be wrong. Since you said the problem happened before but "fixed itself" would suggest a loose connection.

If in doubt, contact MSI and see what they suggest.
If that doesn't show up on the external monitor, then it's your laptop's screen that's the problem. They could be dead pixels, but it doesn't sound like it is. I think it's probably the cable connecting your monitor to the computer has come a bit loose.

link_3

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016

Would it be a case of looking inside my laptop and checking the connections then? I don't want to void any warranties.

Dead pixels are normally random, not in a vertical line like in your pictures.

Read your warranty. I wouldn't think opening the back panel to check for loose connections would void the warranty, but I could be wrong. Since you said the problem happened before but "fixed itself" would suggest a loose connection.

If in doubt, contact MSI and see what they suggest.

Solution
Sep 17, 2021
hi
I have an MSI GE72 6QF Apache Pro laptop.
Yesterday, a singular vertical line of supposedly dead pixels appeared in the middle of the screen.
I'd like to point out that this has happened before, but last time it went away by itself after a few hours somehow? This time it wont go away and I can't seem to get rid of it.

I'm currently trying jscreenfix but it doesn't look like it's working, which I expected since it's a fix for stuck pixels, not dead ones like mine appear to be.

Of course, the line does not appear on an external monitor when connected, only on the laptop screen itself.

According to speccy, my full specs are:

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz
Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MS-1794 (U3E1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 530 (MSI)
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M (MSI)
ForceWare version: 382.05
SLI Disabled
Storage
119GB TOSHIBA THNSNJ128G8NY (SSD)
931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA)
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUD0N
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Here's some pictures so you can see exactly what it looks like:
tumblr_osmepgnD951vq2g5uo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_osmepgnD951vq2g5uo2_1280.jpg

Any suggestions on how to fix this besides sending it off for repairs would be great :)
i also have the same problem as of now, i don't know how to fix it, just in case, what did you do to fix it? thank you and i rlly appreciate if you'll reply ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.