PC Keeps Turning Off

Voltmtndew

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
So my pc has been running fine for 3 months now no errors or anything. I have windows 10 installed and everything was going smooth. Today I decided I wanted to install windows 7 on top of windows 10 which is currently installed. The setup of windows 7 was going through and it restarted so I didn't think anything was wrong until it never restarted. I had to manually turn it back on to which after a few seconds of a black screen it turned back off. I'm compelled confused why it is doing this.

Solution
Unplug the power from the computer. Turn off the power supply. Hold down the power button on the computer for 30 seconds. This 'drains' the power. Plug the power back in, turn on the power supply, and try to power on your computer again.

Tune42

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
Ok from the above it sounds like your computer is turning on. Fans running and everything I presume? If the keyboard and mouse are lighting up that's a good indicator. Do they actually turn back off? Don't confuse the computer's on/off state with what's going on with the monitor.

In short, if you turn the computer on, will the mouse/keyboard stay lit up indefinitely? If so, your computer is turning on and the real issue we need to troubleshoot is your video output.

You can't install on top , you need to delete the partition where win10 was and reformat the partition and after that install Win 7. If you want a dual boot make another partition where you can install Win 7 and you have a PC with Win 10 and Win 7 , and you will be asked what windows you want to use , when your PC is booting every time.

Tune42

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017

Unlikely. Regardless of what OS is currently installed to your hard drive, you should still be able to get into the BIOS. You should be able to take your hard drive out completely, and still get into the BIOS.

I recommend taking out your graphics card and plugging your monitor directly into the motherboard. (make sure to change your monitor's input setting) We want to try to get something on the screen in the time that the computer is on.

Tune42

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
Unplug the power from the computer. Turn off the power supply. Hold down the power button on the computer for 30 seconds. This 'drains' the power. Plug the power back in, turn on the power supply, and try to power on your computer again.

Solution