Computer blocks NT 4.0 blocked printer driver from installing.

Runnaa

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
My printer (which has worked just fine with no issues before on my computer) refuses to work on my computer.

I installed it once before and got it to work, i just recently RESET my computer via, win 10 reset option and when i went to install the driver like normal the printers software says the driver is "installed", it shows up in device manager but if i were to try and print something the printer is not an option to select. When i go to settings this is what i get "driver unavailable" so then I check the HP's website to see if the printer I have is compatible with win 10 and it is, Ive never seen this issues last time. I downloaded the driver straight from HP website, So i googled and all i get is windows vista threads. So I manually try to add it. Through add printer and then click "my printer is a little old help me find it" and it says

Windows cant install HP ENVY 5660 series kernal-mode print driver.

I have a HP ENVY 5660 all in one printer.
windows 10 is fully updated, i have tried to update the driver through device manager but when it tries to find the driver i get this message below.

The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 driver.

Here are all the pictures of error messages that i get.
http://imgur.com/a/s230k

Solution
I found the solution on my own, the only way I got the printer to work was doing a FULL fresh install of windows 10, meaning I wiped my SSD and then Reinstalled windows 10, i did not update windows first I installed the driver followed the setup and it went smoothly. Find it really stupid to have to so a fresh install to get it to work.

Runnaa

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
I found the solution on my own, the only way I got the printer to work was doing a FULL fresh install of windows 10, meaning I wiped my SSD and then Reinstalled windows 10, i did not update windows first I installed the driver followed the setup and it went smoothly. Find it really stupid to have to so a fresh install to get it to work.

Solution

lealnil

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
Passei 5 dias tentando resolver o mesmo problema, porem a impressora era Deskjet 1516 sob o Windows 10.

O software HP Scan Doctor detectava e instalava a impressora, chegando ate a imprimir , mas o Windows nao instalava a mesma.

Sendo ela USB, quando o software HP tentava localizar a impressora ele acabava bagunçando alguns USBs no gerenciador de dispositivos.

Verifiquei e atualizei todos os drivers de USBs e não resolveu.

Somente quando descobri no site da microsoft o seguinte:

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems

link : https://support.microsoft.com/en-US/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems

A magica aconteceu e o problema foi resolvido.

Fiz o download e executei o programa. Ele detectou e corrigiu alguns filtros que estavam corrompidos.

Tudo deu certo entao.

Fica a dica para varias pessoas com o mesmo problem