Problem with removal of bloatware and resetting new PC

tacanacy

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2013
I bought a new PC and followed a guide about how to remove bloatware, where I ran "Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Remove-AppxPackage" in Windows PowerShell. I wanted to get back Microsoft Sticky Notes and Microsoft Photos, but the PC won't download them from the app store. The browser starts to load for a split second before it stops.

So I decided to reset the PC in Recovery, but this message appeared:
"This PC was recently upgraded to Windows 10. If you reset this PC, you won't be able to undo the upgrade and go back to the previous version of Windows."

So I don't know if I should proceed. Would it revert to Windows 8? I find this to be very odd because the PC, Acer Aspire VN7-793G, was released this year.

Earlier version might refer to earler windows 10 feature update too? So you could be on the new creators update now or.. was there one even after that?

Edit: and no, it would not revert back to windows 8 or 10 (earlier version) what the warning means is that resetting it will also clear off said older "restore point" that still has that older version of windows 10 there.

I don't know why your trying to install sticky notes it is already in windows 10

The quickest way to do this is to use Cortana and just type "Sticky Notes" into the search box.
If you want to find it in the Start Menu, open it up, hit "All Apps" then scroll down to "Windows Accessories." Sticky Notes lives within this folder.

Microsoft photo (old style) is disabled by default but still there... look at this page to restore it
http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-reinstall-the-photos-app-in-windows-10/

keep windows 10, don't go back

tacanacy

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2013

After I ran "Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Remove-AppxPackage", it was uninstalled.