How Do I Connect My Gaming Pc To My Monitor?

Shushed

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
Hi all, my gaming pc contains HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI ports, which from my understanding is how you connect the PC to a Monitor. Although in the near future I do plan in purchasing a better monitor, the one I own now only has HDMI and VGA ports. Is there a way that I can connect my PC to this Monitor? I am not sure if this is relevant or not but I do want to be able to use my graphics card (MSI GTX 1080), not the integrated graphics. Do they both connect via HDMI? Or will I perhaps need an adapter to convert something to VGA? All answers are appreciated, thank you.

Solution
You can always use HDMI to connect to a monitor. (HDMI is all you need) Use the HDMI port located on your graphics card instead of the one in your motherboard and connect it to your monitor
195b.jpg

YoAndy

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017
You can always use HDMI to connect to a monitor. (HDMI is all you need) Use the HDMI port located on your graphics card instead of the one in your motherboard and connect it to your monitor
195b.jpg

Solution

Lutfij

Titan
Can you please pas son the make and model of your monitor as well as your full system's specs? If the GPU you currently own has an available HDMI port then with the help of an HDMI cable you can connect it to your monitor that has an available HDMI port at the back.

Something like this:
7853.HDMI.JPG

territreest

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017