Windows 10 stuck at home screen

Shindaru

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
So, I've done goof. I've changed some msconfig setting and now my computer won't work. Basically I turned on debug and selected on USB, cause I had problems with my USBs. Now my computer basically will load up, until a black screen with windows logo will appear and nothing else will happen, not even moving dots, I've tried sfc /scannow and some other methods but nothing worked, please help.

Solution
Do USB work? Can you boot from one?

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB, or DVD if you can use them and USB don't work

I would boot off USB and try to get into safe mode and then open msconfig and set it to boot normally and see if it helps
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

if safe mode doesn't work, try system restore, its in the same menu. Hopefully you have a recent date.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do USB work? Can you boot from one?

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB, or DVD if you can use them and USB don't work

I would boot off USB and try to get into safe mode and then open msconfig and set it to boot normally and see if it helps
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

if safe mode doesn't work, try system restore, its in the same menu. Hopefully you have a recent date.

Solution