Gray screen after 3rd party theme, help!!

Feffs

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
(I'm not an expert at all with computers, I decided to try posting here because I'm desperate)

I found a third party theme that was supposed to change your taskbar. The description told me to download some patch, and then put some things into the Theme folder, and then restart. When I restarted my computer it got stuck on a "please wait" screen, so I decided to push the power button.

When I then turned it back on, the log in was totally white, and when I logged in the whole desktop was gray. Neither Ctrl+Alt+Delete nor pressing the windows key did anything. I'm so so scared that I've ruined the computer just for a silly theme, if someone could help me and explain in an easy way you would be an ANGEL, thank you in advance

Solution
Hello Feffs

Can you please check if you are able to Boot Windows in Safe Mode? If so, you can remove the theme from there.

If this doesn't help, you can try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command from the Safe Mode to automatically detect fix any corrupt system files.

If none of the solutions works, you can always Restore Windows to an Earlier Restore Point, i.e. when your PC worked fine, or as a last resort, Reset Your PC to Factory Settings (without removing your personal files).

Please try the solutions in the order they are mentioned above and report back as which one of them worked for you.

Cheers!! :)
Hello Feffs

Can you please check if you are able to Boot Windows in Safe Mode? If so, you can remove the theme from there.

If this doesn't help, you can try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command from the Safe Mode to automatically detect fix any corrupt system files.

If none of the solutions works, you can always Restore Windows to an Earlier Restore Point, i.e. when your PC worked fine, or as a last resort, Reset Your PC to Factory Settings (without removing your personal files).

Please try the solutions in the order they are mentioned above and report back as which one of them worked for you.

Cheers!! :)

Solution