System Restore Effects on Programs

Solution
Are you talking about the "system restore" feature in Windows to return to a previous restore point or the system restore point to return your computer to factory settings? The Windows system restore I believe you will. The computer restore however, sometimes it will give you option to format and restore or to save your data. I believe you will still need to install your programs again, but your data, save games, etc will still be there. And then you also have the option to do a repair install which sometimes can fix the problem without having to reinstall programs.

Bo Lee

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
Are you talking about the "system restore" feature in Windows to return to a previous restore point or the system restore point to return your computer to factory settings? The Windows system restore I believe you will. The computer restore however, sometimes it will give you option to format and restore or to save your data. I believe you will still need to install your programs again, but your data, save games, etc will still be there. And then you also have the option to do a repair install which sometimes can fix the problem without having to reinstall programs.

Solution