Do I need to manually turn on 144hz for the Acer XF270HU?

holmesc

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2016
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-XF270HU-27-inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B0173PEX34/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499392831&sr=8-1&keywords=Acer+XF270HU

I've recently purchased this monitor for my brother that lives a couple states away from me.
Thing is he's not sure if he's still seeing 60 fps or 144 fps since he never had a monitor that goes past 60 hz.

Want to see if the folks that own this monitor knows whether or not you have to manually press a button on the side to activate it. The reason why is because my ASUS ROG has a button that goes between 60 hz, 120 hz, and 144 hz. I'm not sure if it goes the same for the Acer XF270HU.

P.S: (do I need need to be aware of any settings that has input lag for that monitor?)

Solution
In Win 7, you can right click on your desktop and select screen resolution, then click Advanced settings, then select the Monitor tab.

In Win 10, it should be listed under Settings>Display>Advanced Display Settings>Display Adapter Properties, then select the Monitor tab.
If he's connecting it with HDMI to a GPU that doesn't support HDMI 2.0 it could limit the framerate. Also if his GPU can't maintain 144 fps it could be stuck at 72 (or even 36) fps with input lag when V-Sync is enabled. Freesync would take care of all that if his GPU is a newer AMD. Far as I can tell, there's no high rate activation button.

holmesc

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2016

I'm aware of GPU / CPU capabilities, he should be fine on that.
He's also using display port which is what I use for my 144hz monitor.

So I take it that he doesn't need to tweak anything and it should be automatically 144 hz on the go?

holmesc

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2016

How do you check that?

"Monitor control panel report"

In Win 7, you can right click on your desktop and select screen resolution, then click Advanced settings, then select the Monitor tab.

In Win 10, it should be listed under Settings>Display>Advanced Display Settings>Display Adapter Properties, then select the Monitor tab.

Solution