Desktop Background Resizing?

PawButtox

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
I currently have 1 4k and 1 1440p monitor hooked up to my computer with a 4k desktop background on both, now when my computer goes to sleep if I walk off for whatever reason, when I wake it back up it does this for whatever reason, see image below. (The desktop background resizes to only 1/4 of the screen size on the 4K monitor)

Can someone explain why this happens and if there's a way to stop this happening? Because the only fix I've found is after it's happened to change the resolution of the monitor and then change it back and this becomes very repetitive and annoying.

Any answers to help fix this problem are welcome!

http://imgur.com/a/K8hIV

mbilal2

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Choose a wallpaper that has the same resolution as your 4k screen which you already have, then choose (oddly enough) center.

Stretch and fill are what's causing the issue.

So: 1) wallpaper resolution must be the same or bigger than resolution on your bigger screen, and 2) choose center.

That should fix the issue.

PawButtox

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015

Unfortunately after leaving it for a few days to test it, it hasn't fixed the problem and the background on the 4K monitor has yet again shrunk into the top left hand corner of my screen :/