cant move mouse cursor on certain parts of the software(??)

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
so this is a weird issue ive encountered twice this week:
i'm playing a game (R6 siege but that's the only game i play so i don't think it's the problem) and for some reason my mouse locks up and i cant move it or click aything, except when im in game.
meaning: doesn't work on game menus, character selection screens, what not, doesn't work on desktop when i alt+tab, but only works when im actually playing (ie moving the character, shooting etc). exiting the software does not help.
it also works when i sign out of windows (user selection screen) and when i alt+f4 (however doesn't work when i'm on task manager, only on the alt+f4 pop up window).

it seems as if the mouse control get's "sucked up" into a certain active software but doesn't control when i alt tab or close it.

anybody has an idea?
my mouse is a razer deathadder 2013 that i have for a few years but im pretty sure its not the problem (since it does work on certain said areas)

thanks!

Solution
It has something to do with razer synapse likely. You can actually run a razer mouse just fine without it so try shutting it down just to test out, then adjust your mouse settings from within windows control panel. Test the game and see if it's still happening. That should help isolate if it's a hardware or software issue.
Keep in mind simply closing the window of synapse may not be enough. Make sure you exit or go into task manager and kill synapse task before you test.

Sedivy

Estimable
It has something to do with razer synapse likely. You can actually run a razer mouse just fine without it so try shutting it down just to test out, then adjust your mouse settings from within windows control panel. Test the game and see if it's still happening. That should help isolate if it's a hardware or software issue.
Keep in mind simply closing the window of synapse may not be enough. Make sure you exit or go into task manager and kill synapse task before you test.

Solution