Screen issue | Blue/yellow blobs or lines

Systemfre

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
I have a 10 month old Lenovo Ideapad 510. CPU is a i7 6500u GPU is a GT 940mx.
My issue is whenever I turn on the laptop I get splotches like the image attached.
These can appear up the left or right side of the screen or as a blob at the bottom of the screen like in the picture.
Not sure what is causing it, I've kept the laptop in fairly good condition apart from a bumb here and there. (Not like dropping it completely)

Picture:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5rjDjIoNyhgcndEVUxIanJOMHMzSEtMdUxBSm5VeXlqcDhV

Solution
What? I Never heard for a moving pattern like this , a format is never a bad idea when your pc gets slower and laggy but i dont think any software bug or even virus can reproduse this colour change in this way , i mean the puprle and specially that rotten-yellow colour "bleeds" into the next arrays of the pixel. Theres 0 chance for a software to cause that sort of coulour bleeding inside the next pixels , if it was a troll virus then the colour change would be smooth pixel by pixel ;) its 100% from the panel!

Leonman44

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2015
Are you covered from warranty? Seems pretty bad , i dont think that its caused from any bezzel preasure , its more close to a burn in but again something in the panel failed so hard and thats basically a 99% screen replacement if you have your warranty and claim for a defective panel.

Systemfre

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
Well, I'd agree with that somewhat. I believe it's still under warranty.

My only gripe with it being a burn or something similar is that other times, it happens elsewhere on the screen. It's not a static thing. It is there every time I turn on my laptop, but it's not always in the same place.

Part of me wants to jot it down as a panel failure, but I think it's software. Either way I haven't been able to find anything and will probably just replace it. Thanks.

Leonman44

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2015
What? I Never heard for a moving pattern like this , a format is never a bad idea when your pc gets slower and laggy but i dont think any software bug or even virus can reproduse this colour change in this way , i mean the puprle and specially that rotten-yellow colour "bleeds" into the next arrays of the pixel. Theres 0 chance for a software to cause that sort of coulour bleeding inside the next pixels , if it was a troll virus then the colour change would be smooth pixel by pixel ;) its 100% from the panel!

Solution