BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe+16c3f0.

nbreech

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer name: DESKTOP-JP7BTUR

Hardware: AX370-Gaming K5, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., AX370-Gaming K5-CF
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor AMD586, level: 23
16 logical processors, active mask: 65535
RAM: 17125355520 bytes total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Fri 7/7/2017 11:02:36 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070717-39140-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C3F0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x48, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8008DC7622D)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 7/7/2017 11:02:36 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x48, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8008DC7622D)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Occasionally get this problem when running youtube videos in the background while playing online games.

It first started happening when I got the Gigabyte app center and updated my BIOS from version F2 to F3, afterwards I found out the drivers with the app center were problematic so I uninstalled it, then the problem seemed to go away, but came back this morning. I do have my memory running on an XMP that raises its speed from 2133 to 2933, and my processor is overclocked to 3.7 ghz (from 3.4). These however worked without a hitch until a week ago when I made this change.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_aHB_-DgImecWRSdGhDaWdocW8

Solution
shame 1st link was a mistake as it blamed Nvidia

Bugcheck code: The UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP bug check has a value of 0x0000007F. This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.

This trap could be a bound trap (a trap the kernel is not permitted to catch) or a double fault (a fault that occurred while processing an earlier fault, which always results in a system failure).

Parameter 1 = 0x00000008, or Double Fault, indicates that an exception occurs during a call to the handler for a prior exception. Typically, the two exceptions are handled serially. However, there are several exceptions that cannot be handled serially, and in this situation the processor signals a double...

Colif

Win 11 Master
try setting BIOS to stock until we figure out cause

IRQ errors normally drivers, both sides of that error are blaming windows kernel so it could be hardware related, perhaps ram

Since who crashed isn't overly helpful, you can try running driver verifer and see if it is another driver, just read the instructions carefully. It is part of win 10 designed to find misbehaving drivers. It will cause BSOD, that is its job since it tests drivers.
note: sometimes this will put you into a boot loop so it helps to have a win 10 installer handy to get out again. Also helps to run system restore before hand to create a backup to roll back to if necessary. Download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
Once it bsod, run whocrashed again and see what driver it reveals

The instructions to stop it looping are in the link above I will show u anyway
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode
Now open command Prompt
type verifer /reset and press enter
restart PC

nbreech

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Fri 7/7/2017 2:41:22 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070717-15734-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x2D4B)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFF80096E48E70, 0xFFFFE7012F1F9F30, 0xFFFFF80094C19D4B)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 7/7/2017 2:41:22 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: verifierext.sys (VerifierExt!XdvHibernationNotification+0xC947)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFF80096E48E70, 0xFFFFE7012F1F9F30, 0xFFFFF80094C19D4B)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\verifierext.sys
description: Driver Verifier Extension
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.
Google query: Microsoft Corporation UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_aHB_-DgImecnBpT2h5M1J6ZVE

Colif

Win 11 Master
shame 1st link was a mistake as it blamed Nvidia

Bugcheck code: The UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP bug check has a value of 0x0000007F. This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.

This trap could be a bound trap (a trap the kernel is not permitted to catch) or a double fault (a fault that occurred while processing an earlier fault, which always results in a system failure).

Parameter 1 = 0x00000008, or Double Fault, indicates that an exception occurs during a call to the handler for a prior exception. Typically, the two exceptions are handled serially. However, there are several exceptions that cannot be handled serially, and in this situation the processor signals a double fault. There are two common causes of a double fault:

- A kernel stack overflow. This overflow occurs when a guard page is hit, and the kernel tries to push a trap frame. Because there is no stack left, a stack overflow results, causing the double fault. If you think this overview has occurred, use !thread to determine the stack limits, and then use kb (Display Stack Backtrace) with a large parameter (for example, kb 100) to display the full stack.
- A hardware problem.

hal.dll = hardware abstraction layer

both things mentioned by who crashed are parts of windows...

Try running free version of memtest86 on your ram, 1 stick at a time. Any errors could show cause. It creates a bootable USB so runs outside windows.

Not sure if its ram, just testing it to be sure.

I would test CPU too if AMD had a tool to do it. I think you can use Prime 95: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/prime95-download.html

Solution

Missmywigga

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017
I do have an Nvidia gtx 1050 with the latest drivers installed. But i also reinstalled windows 10 and had the same bluescreen even before nvidia drivers were installed

Missmywigga

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017
I get this bluescreen when i restart my laptop while still connected to vpn. When i disconnect and then restart its all fine. I tried literally everything and i dont know what is the problem. Everything else is working perfectly

Missmywigga

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017
Okay, so i installed Windows 8.1 on my laptop and there is no more BSOD when i restart my machine while connected to VPN. I tried like 20 times now and its fast and good so this must be a Windows 10 issue for me at least.

in your original bugchecks 48 would not be a proper virtual memory address. It is more likely a header size, which would mean something overwrote kernel memory that it does not own. That means it would be a 3rd party driver as the root cause.

since it looks like you went back to a old build there is not really any point debugging the problem.