Second monitor isn't being detected?

CappnCroy

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
If I plug in one monitor (HDMI or DVI) it's fine. However, if I plug in the DVI while the HDMI monitor is plugged into the gpu. The gpu fans take off, and then both monitors say "No Signal". Any solution to my problem?

Solution
Need system specs and graphics card model.
Try running HW monitor and monitor the temperatures. Then hook in the second monitor. Keep the system running for a few minutes. Now remove the second monitor and see if the display comes back on (you might have to wait for a few minutes. If and when it comes back on, read the highest temperature of the GPU. If it doesn't turn on, feel the graphics card when both monitors are plugged in and see if it heats to an alarming point.

mbilal2

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Need system specs and graphics card model.
Try running HW monitor and monitor the temperatures. Then hook in the second monitor. Keep the system running for a few minutes. Now remove the second monitor and see if the display comes back on (you might have to wait for a few minutes. If and when it comes back on, read the highest temperature of the GPU. If it doesn't turn on, feel the graphics card when both monitors are plugged in and see if it heats to an alarming point.

Solution

CappnCroy

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
AMD FX-8320 Eight Core 3.50 GHz
16 gb of RAM
ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 DUAL-GTX1060-O3G 3GB
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s
CORSAIR CX-M Series CX750M 750W

mbilal2

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

Try the above mentioned steps. Re-install the driver if it doesn't help from Asus' website.