When will they release 4k 27 inch over 60 Hz monitor ?

ravndal15

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
The question is in my title heading . I'm just curious as googling and browsing a little there is not a particular set date however I was reading asus has something in the lines they showcased in Germany or some place . Does anybody have any information on when this truly might happen ?

ravndal15

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012

I'm really sorry to write it unclear . No no I meant 4k 27 inch higher then 60 Hz monitors .. say 90,100,144,165 or whatever lol ?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Now that you explained it re-reading the topic makes sense lol sorry i was thinking something else.

Displayport 1.4 was released late 2014 and it's able to achieve 4k @ 120Hz. GTX1070 & 1080 are Displayport 1.4 ready so it's bound to be pretty close. As to when is a good question yes, once gpus are stronger i guess.

ravndal15

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012

I'm using 2 x gtx 1080s founders edition and 1440p monitor I know I'm not using the cards to full potential at this resolution

With appetite to support sli and crossfire dropping by developers and no single card capable of 100fps plus at decent settings I don't see much of a push to get such monitors to market. Better off holding back releasing them until there is a better market to sell too. When they release they will want to sell at a premium.

It's a catch 22 situation, we still lack hardware to get past 60FPS on 4k screen reliably. (single GPU) and as such market for higher than 60Hz 4k screens can be counted with fingers (you might need toes too but besides the point)
that makes researching/developing them less than appealing for manufacturers, they would much rather go for the niche market of 8k@60Hz than even smaller market of 4k@120Hz (the rare cases who splurge 10k+ on screens will more likely go big than fast and big is more future proof)

ravndal15

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
You know I just will add guys I only want higher Hz for a game called lfd2 released back in 2009 . It's one game I play Daily and for now wish to continue however it's this game that for some reason plays wonderfully at anything higher then 60hz . But at 60 Hz there is a stuttering lag.. I am a gaming enthusiast and any new titles I play at 60 fps I am absolutely satisfied . Anyhow I have decided my best option is just to have two monitors. The one I have now for higher Hz and a 4k for the newer titles at 60 Hz .. looks like I will be building myself a wide desk lol . Thanks guys