New NVidia driver issues (BSoD)

cobrano

Commendable
Apr 13, 2017
Yesterday I got 2 bsod. One in the afternoon, it was the error of "internal error video scheduler" or something else in a different order. Then I talked to an Intel and NVIDIA guy, they said it is driver error, I reinstalled the latest NVIDIA driver (which is causing many bugs, at least as I read it on a website i wont name) and windows update is also the latest in Windows Update. Then I restarted the computer, it looked like it was solved. Then at half past eight, I got another bsod "system service exception" and some win32k.sys or something like this. These bsods occurred during the game or right after the game. Anyway, my card is a gtx 950. It is my question: I can not play normally, until nvidia realises a normal driver? I tried to rollback driver, but when I clicked the video card below display adapters, this option is gray. Have you guys experienced something like this?I dont want to use any unofficial software for example DDU. Thank you very much for your help.

Bo Lee

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
You might want to consider using DDU to completely uninstall the previous driver and then reinstall it from scratch. Could be some residual loose files causing a problem. And If you just don't want to use DDU then Nvidia says to uninstall through the Control Panel where you normally remove programs. But that can leave behind residuals, so honestly, DDU is the best way to go. I don't know anyone who has ever had a problem with that program.

cobrano

Commendable
Apr 13, 2017
okay, thanks for the answer, i will give it a try.
It,s interesting, cause my problem only occured while i was gaming, during normal computer using it doesn't occure. And it is also interesting i was playing on normal graphics it seemed it's good, the problems appeared when i set the graphic quality to high (according to the geforce experience the recommended quality is ultra/very high, so no way my gpu can't handle this graphic)

Bo Lee

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015

Interesting. I was having a similar issue once and mine turned out to be heat related, but I wasn't getting a blue screen, I would just shut down. But I have heard of people getting blue screens from it if it was the GPU getting too hot. Have you ran an app to see what your temps are? I would think bad drivers would make the card either work or not work, not just on higher quality. That sounds more like something causing a problem when the card is under load.

Have you updated your BIOS? Another guy was having a problem with his GTX1070 not working properly and he updated his BIOS and it started working. Sometimes a BIOS issue can cause problems with a GPU. Can't hurt to try that and see if it makes a difference.

cobrano

Commendable
Apr 13, 2017

I don't even know if it is related to the graphics quality, maybe it could also happen if i keep the quality on normal. I will try to uninstall all the drivers and then reinstall them. Maybe it's just a corrupt file. I heard that GeForce Experience likes to download the patch badly. The temps are good, i checked msi afterburner and the maximum gpu temps are 61 celsius