Looking for a way to automatically blocking the annoying CSS social media side bars

everway9

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Hi everyone. :)

This may not be the right forum to ask this question. However it's a great forum where there always seems to be someone who knows. :)

More and more these days we see a vertical bar at the left side of web pages with social media links. I believe they are called CSS Social Media Sidebars. They usually cover up what your trying to read. They really annoy me and I was wondering if there is a way to automatically stop them loading with webpages.

I know that you can use Ad Block Plus to remove some but that doesn't always work and it's not automatic.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance. :)

88o8hYg.jpg

Solution
Have you tried Ghostery? it lets you select what parts of web sites load and might let you block them. I won't link to it as there are different versions for each browser

Ad block plus also takes money from advertisers and lets their ads through so better off using Ublock Origin

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you tried Ghostery? it lets you select what parts of web sites load and might let you block them. I won't link to it as there are different versions for each browser

Ad block plus also takes money from advertisers and lets their ads through so better off using Ublock Origin

Solution

kraelic

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2006

This option enables the parsing and enforcing of Adblock Plus-compatible “element hiding” filters. These filters are essentially cosmetic, they serve to hide elements in a web page which are deemed to be a visual nuisance, and which can't be blocked by the net request-based filtering engine.