Installing windows 10 with usb

Eetalo

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
Hi.
First time posting cuz I cant find the solution to my problem like I normally do here. I been building a budget pc after watching to many videos about the xeons 3460. Anyway I got a ga-h55m-ud2h mobo and still waiting for some part. But mean while i thought i use the i3 proccesor i had to update the bios through qflash but thats was a bust cuz all I kept getting was no drives found despite i had all the usb related things enabled in bios and even tried putting the usb first in boot order. I thought maybe it was cuz I did not have a harddrive cuz im still waiting for the ssd to arrive. So i took I normal sata 2 disk from my old windows 7 pc and thought i try to boot it with that but of course that would not work. I i manage to get into command and i did format c: cuz i figured I will do i fresh install of windows 7 with the usb i got. But I keep getting bootmgr is missing. So I thought maybe my usb is bad so i took another usb with windows ten on it and i get the same bootmgr is missing. I used rufus as some suggested here instead of the tool u get from windows homepage and same results. Does this have to do with me formating the old drive with windows 7 on command promt? u think me using the iso of windows 10 and making a cd will help? Cuz I read about people saying to use a windows cd cuz that dont need the bootmgr and it allows your to make the partition needed for the harddrive. Tbh this is past my knowledge. I normally just stick the usb in my other computers and voila! Sorry if my english is poor .
Thanks in advance from Sweden.

The message "missing bootloader" means that your motherboard doesn't know where to start from/the device that is set up as the first device doesn't have a bootloader.
So get into bios and make sure (read the manual) that you make the correct selection to make the motherboard start from either the usb or the hdd.

Eetalo

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
I read the manuel on gigabytes home page. And i have set the bios to start from usb. I also tried going about it by pressing F12 and going to boot list where i get the option to pick from what device to boot from and i find the usb there but when i try to boot it says loading operating system and after a few second i get the asme missing bootloader. I'm not super with computers but i even bother to check if i was actully missing the file on my usb and maybe had a bad copy. But it was there and I even made several new copies with rufus using different settings. Cuz i read at another post here in toms that for one user it did not work cuz he had some option choosen about bios id...etc

Eetalo

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
So after hours and hours of looking in forums and watching videos. I decided to grab an old dusty dvd drive and burn out the iso to cd and tada! Done! My advice if u having troubles with old gigabyte mobos skip the usb part of it if possible. I read so many people having this issue and seems to be common in old gigabyte mobos. And if u wanna save yourself time and not feeling dumb cuz I seen on many forums the reply that u need to set to boot from usb etc.. cuz I do know that much hehe even though im not a computerwizard.
And thanks TerryLaze for the fast reply. :D