are the items compatible with what im building?

Michnios

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
The motherboard M.2 slot #2 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.
i get this information when i chose parts for my pc, could any of you help me understand what this means and if it's gonna work?

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/michnios/saved/2GmwP6
this is the part list
it does not include powe supply or graphics card as i already have it in my current pc (rx 480 8gb and evga 650w gold+)

Actually, I've looked at that board before, and there's a little more to it: the first M.2 slot is on the PCI express bus, and has no conflicts with the SATA ports. That's probably the one you'll want to use anyway, to take full advantage of an M.2 SSD. The second M.2 slot is on the SATA bus, which 1. will make it run at similar bandwidth to an SSD connected by SATA cables, and 2. will disable one of the SATA ports (but like WidCard999 said, the board has 4 of those, so that part isn't much of an issue).

Michnios

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
ok then, That's more or less what i was thinking but wasn't sure if that's what they meant. thanks for your help guys!! <3

TRENDING THREADS