BSOD every ~10 mins of startup

lonegiraffe

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
As the title says, I've been having this problem for hours now. A few hours before this I noticed that a slight bump to the pc case can cause the whole system to freeze. Opened the hardware and came to the conclusion that it was a RAM module and reseated it, problem gone. Also, I think that my pc has been infected by a virus/malware, I won't go on the detail of how.

At the moment my pc is being bombarded with BSODs. I'm trying to system restore as I have a checkpoint 3 days ago but can't complete the restore because a BSOD will certainly occur. Common BSOD error messages are

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION

This almost changes everytime a BSOD occurs, but the most common is the IRQL one.

Send help please. I don't know ehat to do anymore. I've tried almost everything but the BSODs are hindering me to fix anything. Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Edit: OS is Windows 10

Solution
Still sounds like a memory issue. Please test or confirm you tested with MEMTEST86 www.memtest86.com

Run a full pass or until errors.
(may need to go into BIOS to select DVD or USB stick as the boot drive).

*Now, even if it now PASSES I think it likely that the loose memory caused all sorts of data to be CORRUPTED thus you probably need to reinstall Windows no matter what.
Still sounds like a memory issue. Please test or confirm you tested with MEMTEST86 www.memtest86.com

Run a full pass or until errors.
(may need to go into BIOS to select DVD or USB stick as the boot drive).

*Now, even if it now PASSES I think it likely that the loose memory caused all sorts of data to be CORRUPTED thus you probably need to reinstall Windows no matter what.

Solution

lonegiraffe

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014

I'd love to do this but I can't even have a proper boot to Windows and run some tests.

Edit: I can run the test and will get back to you with results. Also if I have to reinstall Windows, can I do it without losing anything? Files, programs etc