Multiple BSOD Errors

iTommyV

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
Hey everyone, was wondering if anyone has ran into this problem before but I've received multiple BSOD messages. This first started happening 3 days ago when I was playing a game and from then on I could not boot into windows and would always crash constantly.

I thought this was a Hard drive problem at first so I replaced it with a Samsung Evo SSD and did not solve the problem, and so I went on to replace my PSU today with a 850w Corsair PSU and I'm still running into the same problem and I'm currently at wits end.

I'm currently trying to reformat the PC again and running into the BSOD right after it restarts after the first time during the process and cannot get past that.

I've ran a Memtest and after 2 hours the results were no errors.

Thanks for any help provided.

iTommyn

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
The screen usually passes too quick but if I recall right some are them are as followed. "Critical process died", " Kernal data inpage error", " No execute of nonexecute memory?" and I believe there was one other that went by too fast for me to see when this first happened because it took me by surprise but the most common one I get is the first and third one. If I get them again I'll be sure to update.

My specs are:
Intel i7 6700k
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133mhz 8 gb x2
Strix Z270E MB
Corsair CX850M PSU
Samsung EVO 850 SSD
Radeon RX480 4GB DDR5
Cooler Master - Master Liquid Pro 120

The other day I tried to install Windows 10 with one stick of RAM first one failed to get through the process but the other one managed to get through it and successfully install it however during a half an hour of playing a Kritika Online I got the BSOD again and that's when I figured it was the PSU noted above but did not solve the problem so I thought my windows might have been corrupted so I reformatted Windows 10 and now I'm stuck at the installation process again with the first error noted above.

Seeing as both RAM passed the Memtest and the entire computer being less than 6 months old this is a really odd situation.

The only other thing I noticed is that my CPU is at 1329 volts from my BIOS settings and it's currently not overclocked and stays around 32 celsius idle is this normal?

Colif

Win 11 Master
So is win 10 installed or you still stuck?

It might be the ISO you are using, try making another one on another USB. when PC restarts the 1st time, remove USB as installer has a tendency to loop back around to beginning of installer again

critical process died is normally a windows error, I mean, its not normally caused by drivers or hardware, its a corrupted file on the install, can be winlogin or csrss, and win 10 cannot run without them. Could be sign hdd is fault

Attempted Execute of Nonexecute Memory is normally driver error.

iTommyn

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
Unfortunately it might be an error with the external HDD like you said, both my computers are no longer detecting it. Will burn the ISO into a disc and retry.

Another problem that just occured this morning is that my BIOS is now freezing when in use, sometimes it happens right away at times it lasts a few minutes in BIOS before freezing. I will try re-seating GPU to see if it helps.

iTommyn

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
I've removed the CMOS and try letting it reset and re-seat the GPU afterwards. I have restored default a few times but I'm not sure if that removed the overclock or not but once I put everything back together I'll take another look. Also by then I can try the Media Creation CD once it's done burning.

Will check the MB for the LED.

I'll update the results within 10-15 minutes

iTommyn

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
I ended up getting a "Memory Management" BSOD even with the CD before the Windows 10 Activation screen even popped up.

I'll look into how to stop the overclocks and the LED you were referring to, but it seems like a bad MB so far I think.

iTommyn

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
I've tried with 2 SSD's already. I have an ADATA 250 GB and the Samsung EVO 850 500GB I just purchased 3 days ago both are getting the BSOD but I'll go ahead and test the other RAM now and see if it helps.

I'll keep you posted in a few minutes.

iTommyn

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
Alright so I tried the other stick of RAM and I ended up getting "Critical Process Died". Before this I also updated the BIOS to the latest version. The BIOS still seems to freeze completely.

I'm not sure if this is the Overclock setting up under "EZ System Tuning" I set it to "Normal." There doesn't seem to be much talk about how to turn off Overclock for this particular MB but I'll keep searching.

iTommyn

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
I spoke to the Asus support line and after explaining everything to them they deemed the Motherboard to be faulty and they're gonna RMA it.

It'll take 5-8 business days until I get the replacement but I'll be sure to post and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks a ton for your help thus far let's hope this is the actual problem.

iTommyn

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
Hey Colif, sorry I forgot to update this thread so this is what happened since the last update. I ended up getting my Motherboard back and ended up having the same problem so I went ahead and sent my CPU for an RMA and got a replacement today which fixed my problems.

Thanks a lot for all the help!