Will my CPU cooler work with my motherboard?

Migzy

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
Alright I'm probably gonna ask some pretty stupid questions but this is my first full build. I'm building a 1070 rig and decided to go on BeQuiet for the Case, PSU and Cpu cooler because I'm really loving the aesthetic. I came across the Asrock AB350 motherboard and AMD Ryzen 5 1600x. Will the BeQuiet DarkRock 3 Cooler I've ordered fit the B350 MB? All I can find in the specs of the cooler is that it fits LGA and AMD sockets but no more detail? Appreciate some help.

Also, this build is coming in at about €1200. If anyone has any suggestions on parts that can be swapped out for better bang for my buck, go ahead and fire away. I'm in Ireland so I'll be ordering from either Amazon UK or France. Thanks.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
From Be Quiet,

Socket compatibility
Intel: LGA 775 / 115x / 1366 / 2011(-3) Square ILM / 2066
AMD: 754 / 939 / 940 / AM2(+) / AM3(+) / FM1 / FM2(+)
no AM4 mentioned so no.

For Ireland can you also look at Komplett (just to mention it).For instance,
http://www.komplett.ie/noctua-nh-u12-se-am4/80047082/details.aspx
not so nice black and stealthy looking,but a good cooler.Also only compatible with the AM4 socket.
The Scythe Mugen 5 can also fit if the next will be done,

*Owners of a Mugen 5 can order an AM4 conversion-kit from the Scythe Service by sending us a proof of purchase of the cooler and an AM4 motherboard or a Ryzen ™ CPU. After completion of this simple registration process the HPMS II AM4 conversion kit will be sent to you free of charge.

Why not use the Ryzen 1600 and overclock that to 1600X levels,could maybe be done with the stock cooler if getting a good one.